-
April 15th, 2005, 11:46 PM
#2501
Inactive Member
If you don't bother with anything extra, it only takes 50 some hours, not rushing.
-
April 16th, 2005, 12:03 AM
#2502
Senior Hostboard Member
I got 60 hours without rushing. 50 for first disc, 10 for the second. Im not entirely sure how i'd find time to kill for the other 150 though.
IRT Wiseman - Music does the same for me too. Problem is, im usually enjoying the music so much, i dont want to tear myself away from it to play the game.
-
April 16th, 2005, 07:50 AM
#2503
HB Forum Owner
Wait, it was 100 hours, not 200... My memory sucks.
I clocked over 90 hours in my first game (IIRC, and as you see I rarely RC ._.), and still had stuff to do in the arena. I'm obsessed with completion and have to do everything and explore everything... 8 of these hours, however, were spent at 3? speed leveling up.
-
April 16th, 2005, 03:26 PM
#2504
Senior Hostboard Member
Never tried out DMC, but I guess without a ps2 I can't
-
April 16th, 2005, 06:29 PM
#2505
Senior Hostboard Member
Bought Grandia II for the PS2, warts and all, for just ?4 ($7). I mostly decided to get it because it'll look nice in my collection when i have Grandia III to put next to it.
Also, i co-purchased Zelda: Four Swords with Raij and OCB, so we could get out those GBA-GC link cables again. It makes use of the feature far better than Crystal Chronicles, since the nature of a Zelda games lies within its puzzles. Also, the score system at the end leaves you thinking more tactically about whether you want to fight or co-operate with your fellow Link's. Worthwhile purchase.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 16, 2005 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 16th, 2005, 08:08 PM
#2506
Inactive Member
-
April 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM
#2507
Senior Hostboard Member
Yeah, although i wish i could've gotten hold of Resident Evil 4. I went into town looking to buy some zombie-blasting Gamecube action, but every copy in the UK has apparantly sold out. Its a shame.
Still, Four Swords gives me a reason to pull out that GC again, and thats all that matters.
-
April 16th, 2005, 09:26 PM
#2508
Inactive Member
Speaking of finding old friends again, I've played Halo today.
I love it way more than Halo 2, the next LAN I hold will be Halo, for sure.
-
April 16th, 2005, 11:36 PM
#2509
Senior Hostboard Member
Sad thing is, it isnt entirely attributed to nostalgia. Both me and Raij recently played the original in a 2 player, and had more fun than we would have done playing against each other over LIVE on Halo 2. More on this in the Halo 2 topic.
Ive just played the PS2 port of Grandia II. Im shocked. Here the breakdown so far:
Graphics: Ugly texturing, occasional pop-up, and a fair number of glitches. Frame rate pops down frequently too. A lame decrepit goat next to FFX's shining stallion, and an insult to fans of the DC version. 3/10
Sound: The music and voice-acting are essentially untouched, in other words excellent. However the sound effects have taken a turn for the worst, and they sound mind-numbing and excessively loud. 7/10
Story: Untouched, and as great as we remember it, but tainted by the above. 7/10
Gameplay: Untouched, but tainted by the above factors. Especially poor frame-rate. 6/10
Overall: Worth what i paid. Came in a nice case, with a nice design. The core of the game is still in tact, but the PS2 has trouble emulating the elegance of the original experience. 6/10
I think its going to be incredible comparing this game to its upcoming sequel. Apparantly all demo's shown so far have made a point about its beautiful graphics and near-instant loading times. I imagine anyone coming to it after playing G2 on the PS2 will be in for quite a surprise.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 16, 2005 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 16th, 2005, 11:59 PM
#2510
HB Forum Owner
IRT Cata WRT G2/PS2:
Graphics: That's what happens when directly porting to PS2 something not thought for it, and using the first OS/API/SDK available for it
Sound: Probably the same as the PC version: no volume control. Stuff either sounds, or doesn't sound, and when it does, it does at maximum volume. Try getting near a fountain. The music will simply mute. The fountain will simply start sounding at max vol.
Story: I've noticed in the PC version how some scenes are partly ruined because of the music stopping/starting all of a sudden, and minor glitches.
Gameplay: Does it slow down in combats too?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks